Attending the professionally facilitated breastfeeding group is an opportunity to learn more about breastfeeding, and to meet and share experiences with other nursing mothers.
Many say that the women they met in the group at Breastfeeding Resources became their closest friends and support system.
New mothers come with their babies. Expectant mothers are encouraged to attend during their third trimester to prepare for breastfeeding. An infant scale is available for weight checks. The group is held at Beverley Rae’s office in Manhasset, NY.
Discussion topics include many of the questions that new mothers ask:
- How do I know that I have enough milk?
- My baby eats very often – is that normal?
- Can I spoil my baby by holding her too much?
- My baby has been crying a lot; could it be something I ate?
- When will my baby sleep longer at night?
- What’s the best way to pump and store my breastmilk?
- How can I keep my toddler occupied while I’m nursing the baby?
- I need help with planning my return to work!
- When is the best time to start my baby on solids?