Preparing for breastfeeding helps you to get off to a good start. A small group prenatal class provides the information, skills and confidence needed for a successful nursing experience. The class is given at Breastfeeding Resources, 64 Manhasset Woods Rd, Manhasset, NY 11030.
Plan to attend about six weeks before your due date. Email email@example.com for upcoming dates and fee schedule. When couples attend, the second registration is free.
A private class can be arranged to plan for breastfeeding in special situations, for example: when expecting twins and triplets, after breast reduction surgery, when breastfeeding was difficult with a previous baby, and for women with a chronic illness or disability. If an expectant mother is on bed rest, an in-home prenatal class is an option.
Some couples also choose a private class when the timing of the group class doesn’t fit their schedule or due date.
- Benefits of breastfeeding for mother and baby
- Five rules for successful breastfeeding
- Positioning and latch-on techniques
- Getting started in the hospital
- What to expect during the first weeks at home
- Avoiding common difficulties
- Nutrition for the nursing mother
- Managing a toddler and the new baby
- Father’s role in successful breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding and returning to work
- Pumping and storing breastmilk
- Plenty of time for questions
Missed your class and baby is due any day?
Download Beverley’s app, Breastfeeding Central, rated a ‘best breastfeeding app’ by Parents Magazine. Use it to prepare for breastfeeding now, help you get started in the hospital and manage the early weeks with confidence. Save your favorite sections with the handy bookmark feature.